Tell a Friend to Become a Follower!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sassy's is....well.....Sassy!

Sassy's Red House is in a cursed location. Seriously, it has been like 10 different joints since I have lived in Fayetteville. It's like that place at the corner of College and Township across from the Walgreen's. Nothing seems to last there either. Until now. Sassy's has held on longer than any place that I can remember and I think now I know why. THEIR FRIES!

Sassy's big draw seems to be this giant deck on the side of the building.  I guess if there were like 200 people and some loud music playing you wouldn't notice the traffic noise from North College.....

AMY:  Hey honey, they have OTHER STUFF on the menu besides fries.  Wanna try a salad or a wrap?

GIBBY:  No.  In fact, I'm going to complain to the management of this joint that they call the fries "sidekicks".

We (or I should say I) ordered regular fries, waffle fries, and something called "Irish Nachos", which are basically nachos using fried potato slices instead of chips.  The presentation was promising:

The Irish Nachos were meh.  The potato slices were cut too thick so they were undercooked, but even if they were thinner the whole thing would still be meh-plus they are like 6 bucks.  Skip em.

The waffle fries are AWESOME.  I doubt they are made in-house, but they are some of the best I've had around here.  They were crisp, hot, savory, and for $1.99 we got a full basket. 10 out of 10.

Here is where things get interesting.  You should know by now that I am not a fan of natural cut fries (mainly because they don't ever seem to be cooked properly) but Sassy's is doing it right.  I think I may have solved the mystery, too.  Sassy's cuts their fries at 1/4 of an inch.  Most other places go 3/8" or even 1/2".  The smaller size seems to fry better, and these are definitely the best natural cut fries I have had so far in Fayetteville.  However, for $1.99 I felt that the basket should have had more than 41 fries, so I am giving them a 9 out of 10.

AMY:  Boy, these waffle fries sure would be good with a tasty salad or something green...
GIBBY: Weirdo.




By the way, if you sit outside at Sassy's, wear sunscreen.  I got a sunburn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?