Tell a Friend to Become a Follower!

Monday, September 28, 2026

The Haversham Tavern

Westerly, Rhode Island was purchased in 1660 from a Montauk captain named Sosoa and for hundreds of years was a major shipbuilding port where Oliver Hazard Perry built gunboats, famous for fine-grained granite used for monuments and other fancy stuff, and had a major impact in the textiles and finance industries.

These days it's mostly know as THE TOWN WHERE TAYLOR SWIFT OWNS A MANSION. And beach tourists in the summer. And I guess the Haversham Tavern.

This old-timey joint is a bar/restaurant/hotel/wedding event place/tourist attraction. I didn't really look at anything but the bar/restaurant, which is old-timey looking I guess...

Ah the old standby. Truffle Fries. Almost impossible to screw up. Now, I have to mention here that these fries were on the menu when I went to this joint during my 2 year sabbatical. They are gone now and have apparently been replaced by something called "Waffle Fry Supreme".

Oh my.

Very nice.

 
 
If you are visiting Tay Tay and want some good fries, the HT is probably worth checking out, although I can't vouch for their current fry offerings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?