Tell a Friend to Become a Follower!

Monday, March 19, 2018

TGI Fridays Microwave Loaded Fries

First of all, I hate that I have to type "TGI Fridays".  What a stupid name.  Why didn't they just go with "TGIF" or "I hate my intestinal system"?  Anyhoo,  I saw these at the store and they were only $2.99 so I was like WTH.

I've tried these "crispy in the microwave" things before with mixed results, so I was skeptical.  This silver stuff is made from ground up space shuttle heat shields and is supposed to use the leftover rocket fuel soaked into them to help crisp the fries when your microwave shoots the little invisible nuclear death rays at them.  Seems dangerous but whatever.

Oh my.  So complicated.

What is all this?  Fake cheese sauce and a bag of crumbly stuff?  Seems like a lot of bang for the buck but is it too much work?

NO KITTY!

NO!  Not a sitting box!

***Gibby fights with kitty for 2 minutes and removes cat hair/spit from box***

Ok.  Smash the fries together between the two space shuttle heat shields and death nuke them for FOUR AND A HALF MINUTES?  Who has that kind of time?

Meanwhile I gotta melt the fake cheese sauce with hot water.  What a pain.

So after the nuking I tried a fry and they were actually kinda crisp.  Not bad either.  Dump on the fake cheese sauce and the crumbly stuff.....AND BACK IN THE MICRO FOR ANOTHER MINUTE?  Holy moly!

After a relative eternity this is what we yield.

The formerly semi-crisp fries were of course now kinda soggy from all that cheese and stuff.

But I have to say that they were okay.  Not amazing, but definitely worth the money.

It's interesting that they don't actually offer loaded cheese fries at the restaurants.  Maybe a shrewd maneuver to get people to buy these or maybe no one ever ordered them.  Either way if you see these on sale somewhere ($3.00 max) they are worth a try.

Kitty got the leftovers because he fought with honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?