Tell a Friend to Become a Follower!

Monday, February 26, 2018

The Grotto in Eureka Springs

I am a fancy person.  I have fancy tastes, and I do fancy things.  Last month I went to Eureka Springs (fancy) and while I was there I went to The Grotto (fancy).  The place is primarily a wood-fired pizza joint (so trendy), but as with a growing number of pizza places they also have fries.  I despise pizza so you will see no discussion of it here.

The Grotto has been all kinds of stuff over the years.  In fact part of the building is/was a live music club that I can sort of remember from my youth.  The restaurant part is mostly underground and you have to walk down some treacherous stairs to get there.  Whoa!  Look at that table right there on the stairs!  Someone would actually sit at that table?  Not fancy!

It was Saturday night and we didn't have a reservation but the maître de was cool and said we could have a table as long as we ghosted within an hour.  It was fun watching all the people come in after us and get denied a table in an otherwise empty restaurant on accounta the whole place was full with advance reservations.  Every single person left pissed.  Ha.

Fancy fries with fancy ketchup.

I wouldn't say that these miniature fry baskets are particularly fancy, but I let it slide cause the fries were REALLY GOOD.

Huge, crisp, fluffy.  And the Sriracha ketchup was on point.

So there you have it.  The Grotto = DO IT.

P.S.  There is another entrance where you don't have to walk down the stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?