Tell a Friend to Become a Follower!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Great Food Truck Race Fries

This past weekend the Food Network show called The Great Food Truck Race was in town.  I watch the show, so I was pretty excited to see it in person. All the trucks were parked around the square in conjunction with the farmer's market, which made it a total cluster.  Luckily, one of my fry-spies (not Jeff H.) texted me that the only truck that even had fries was the one named Coast of Atlanta, so that's the one I ordered from.

Wait a minute. Coast of Atlanta? What "coast" is anywhere near Atlanta?  Whatever.

Right after I ordered, the film crew moved everyone away so the local judge (a kid) could sample the team's "special challenge" creation, which was hash browns with Pop Tarts!  Sounded gross.  The kid agreed.

Let's see.  Ore-Ida Crinkles from a Sam's Club 8-pound value size bag. 

Undercooked, and not a fair amount for 4 bucks.

4 out of 10.  Boo.

Here are some of the other trucks.  The lines were too long and they didn't have fries so I didn't try them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?