Tell a Friend to Become a Follower!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Favorite Restaurants in America

I know that you know that I know that you know that I love fries.  And fries ARE great.  But even I can't eat fries for every meal.  Here is my list of my favorite restaurants in America for your amusement.

A & B Lobster House in Key West, Florida
I think that seafood from warm waters is crap.  Seriously.  Seafood that lives in cold water is WAY better, but if you get caught south of Maryland (and Key West is about as South as you can get) this is definitely the best joint for seafood.  It's located on the main marina, and at night all the sailboat lights and candles create a very serene atmosphere that calms you like valium.

Amy and I sat at this table.

It's expensive as hell, but it is totally worth it cause the food rocks and sitting there looking out over the marina and the ocean beyond makes you feel like a bajillionaire without a care in the world.  This is where I want to eat right before I die.

La Huerta in Fayetteville, Arkansas (no website, naturally)
I have a funny history with this joint.  When it first opened, I went there with a group of friends and although I was impressed with the $2.39 QUART OF BEER, I was angered by the addition of onions, peppers, tomatoes, and various other gross stuff to my chicken nachos.  As was my custom at the time, I vowed to never return.  And I didn't for about 2 years.  I was convinced by someone to go there again (probably Paul) and spent an inordinate amount of time explaining to the waiter that I wanted fajita chicken and cheese on chips ONLY.  The resulting dish was so good I have been going there regularly ever since.

Another funny thing about La Huerta in little old Fayetteville is that our big-time friends that travel all over the world (including to Mexico) claim that La Huerta is the best Mexican food in the world.  Who woulda thunk it?

Champlin's Seafood Restaurant in Galilee, Rhode Island
I didn't eat much seafood growing up.  I guess that's why I want it so bad now.  Champlin's is located right on the harbor in the fishing port of Galilee.  The lobster boats literally pull up to Champlin's dock and throw boxes of fresh lobster right through the door to the kitchen.  It's surreal.  Eating your lobster looking out over the breakwater and watching the fishing boats come in (or go out) is sublime.  The local accent adds humor to the whole experience as well.  "You wanna shell cracka with youwa lobsta?"

Vino's Brewpub in Little Rock, Arkansas
This place packs a one-two punch by having not only some pretty decent on-site brewed beers, but also THE BEST PIZZA ON THE PLANET.  I have eaten A LOT of pizza, and Vino's is still the best.  Go there.  Eat it.  Drink it.

I'll add more restaurants to this as I find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?