Tell a Friend to Become a Follower!

Monday, April 15, 2019

Daytona Beach Revisited II

I've pretty much eaten fries at every place in Daytona Beach at this point, but I was able to create some newish experiences on this last trip.   I have been to Hidden Treasure Rum Bar & Grill several times and I have no idea why I have never done the fries there.  I was sure that I had but apparently not.  I was so sure I had done a review there that I didn't take that many pictures so all you get is this:

Good fries, okay amount, and the prices was decent considering you are sitting on the water.  I got kinda bored and decided to the leftover appetizers to create a unique new menu item for the joint.  I used the bread bowl from the buffalo chicken dip, some boneless wings, and the leftover fries to create what I call THE TODDLER'S DREAM.  I am a genius.  The waitress was not impressed.

Next we revisited the Daytona Taproom.  Still amazing.  This place is a must go if you are ever in DYB.  Sorry the picture is blurry.  I was shaking with excitement.

The burger I got was DEEP FRIED.  Unbelievable.

Still DO IT.

My parents wanted to take us to a fancy schmancy joint one night so off we went to the Chart House.  Heh.  Sounds like Shart House.  It's a chain, but fancy.

This place is part of a big marina with lotsa boats so the decor is nautical.  Kinda looks like a cruise ship dining room.

The place reeked of rope.  The manager told me that indeed they had just replaced all the rope the week before.  Lucky us.

Whoa...fancy!

My folks like this place on accounta its got a huge salad bar which also has caviar.  I tried it.  It was ok.  Got me thinkin there are probably caviar fries somewhere (probably Russia).  Gross.

Chachie ate A CRAPLOAD of caviar while drinking a pina colada like a boss.  He said the pina coladas there were good and I think he drank three.

I got fish and chips, cause I didn't want to seem unfancy and order a side order.  They gave me a ton of fries though.  The picture doesn't really do the amount justice.

Frozen, but cooked perfectly and attended to nicely with garlic, parsley, and a smidgen of clarified butter.  Nice.

$22 for the salad bar and the fish and chips.  I'd say worth it overall.  Plus it was only 900 calories so I probably lost 2 or 3 pounds while we were there!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?