Tell a Friend to Become a Follower!

Monday, November 11, 2013

Cracker Barrel in Dothan, Alabama

I can't believe I've never had the fries at Cracker Barrel before now.  I guess it's cause I hardly ever go there.  We were on our way to Florida and stopped in Dothan, AL to check it out.  If you don't already know, Cracker Barrel is known for:
1.  Being located next to the highway AT EVERY EXIT IN AMERICA.
2.  Having rocking chairs out front.
3.  Making you run a gauntlet of silly merchandise in and out of the dining area.
4.  Being a place that old (mostly white) people eat.  Kinda makes the name seem planned.
Sorry about the photo, but those sign lights were bright enough to be seen from space.

Another reason I probably have never had the fries is that I think of Cracker Barrel as a breakfast food place.  That's what I always get anyway.  What are these strange things all over the walls?

Breakfast food?  Awwww Yeah!

And also....steak fries?

Wait a minute.  These are actually really good.  Crisp and hot on the outside like they should be, and fluffy on the inside.

Dang.  Good job CB!  At $2.50 the amount is pretty low, but I think they still rate a solid 7 out of 10.

P.S.- Amy had the chicken and dumplins (which they are supposed to be "famous" for) and she declared them meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?