Tell a Friend to Become a Follower!

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Stonewood Grill & Tavern Daytona Beach

Stonewood is a chain of semi-schmancy steakeries in Florida.  It's like an upscale Chili's.  My guess is that in beach towns it's hard to get people to dress nice, so fancy restaurants are kinda lax.

What I'm tryin to say is that this is pretty much as fancy as it gets but people still wear ball caps and shorts and flip flops.  By the way, since this was Florida we were eating "dinner" at 4pm.

I couldn't believe that the fries were $4.30, so I wrestled the fake electronic candle thingy out of the holder to make sure.  Holy crap!  $4.30!  And WHY such a random price?  Why not $4.50?  or $4.25?  Or $5.00?  Weird.

The fries came in one of those cones.  By now you should know that I think these cones are trickery.

They looked good, and they were warm, but not hot.  Also, this was the first time that I could not be 100% sure whether they were fresh-cut or frozen skin-on foodservice supplied.

I dumped them on a plate to count.  Nowhere near $4.30 worth!

And what happened to this little guy?

These fries were good, but the price is so high for the amount they get knocked down to a 7 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?