Tell a Friend to Become a Follower!

Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Grunion and Z vs. Philosophy

On a recent "warm" day...

GRUNION:  Whoa!  Check out this worm, Z!
Z:  Hmm.  I'm not really sure I believe that worm exists.

GRUNION:  Why not?
Z:  Well, in Meditations on First Philosophy, Descartes theorized that we may all just be brains in a jar or something.  So, everything we experience might not actually be real.

GRUNION:  Wha?
Z:  Everything and everyone we ever interact with may just be implanted stuff from a weird scientist or something.

GRUNION:  Dude....
Z:  Yup.

GRUNION:  So...I should totally not worry about getting hurt or sick anymore cause it's all fake and since I'm just a brain in a jar I can totally do whatever I want and I won't get in trouble if I eat a whole gallon of ice cream and drive a semi to Disneyland.
Z:  No.  It's just a philosophical though experiment, man.

GRUNION:  I'm confused.

Z:  I know what'll make you feel better.

GRUNION:  Is cheese dip fake too?  Cause that would make me super sad.

Victory: Cheese Dip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?