Tell a Friend to Become a Follower!

Friday, June 27, 2014

La Hacienda

La Hacienda seems to be a popular name for Mexican joints.  I think there are 6 or 7 just in Fayetteville, but this one is definitely one of the best.

I have been to this place before, but I never tried the fries.  Dang, I forget how big (and colorful) this place is.

Oh no...there they are....right there on the menu....for $2.15.  Why must I be cursed with the obligation to find and report on fries no matter the time of day or night in sleet or snow or rain or sun?  WHY???  My heart always sinks when I see fries on the menu at a place like this.  The food is REALLY good at LH, but ethnic restaurants don't have a good fry track record.

The fries arrive.

Fork for scale.  Jack wanted me to note that the forks were top-notch Thunder Group SLGD006s in fair condition.

Amelia tried them.

Zessna tried them.

Jack told me to get the camera out of his face.

Big surprise, they are not good.  In fact, they are devoid of any taste whatsoever.  It was like eating fry-shaped nothing.  Weird.  But since they have fries they at least get a 5, and because the rest of the food rocks (including THREE DIFFERENT FREE salsa offerings), they get an extra point.

6 out of 10.  Go there, but skip the fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?