Tell a Friend to Become a Follower!

Monday, July 21, 2014

Susie Q - Rogers, AR

Normally a joint that has been open for 50 years is really good at something (or has something unique/special).  We know it's not the fries at Suzie Q.  What follows is no doubt going to be seen as sacrilege by some, but believe me I would have loved if this place didn't suck so bad.  Yeah, yeah, I know you "grew up stopping at the Suzie Q" on the way to something or another.  And I have been there myself over the years a dozen or so times.  But I gotta tell you, if everything else is like their fries then one or two things (or both) are true: 1) there has been some monumental shift in the quality of their fries, or 2) everyone who likes this place is a moron.  I'm hoping it's just #1. Here's the only nice thing I'll say: their sign is still kinda cool.

 Here are the "Suzie Q" fries for $1.79.

Sunglasses for amount scale.

I don't know what they were going for here taste-wise, but they were completely devoid of any taste whatsoever.  They were hot, though.  Does "hot" count as a taste?  By the way, they must have gone to the Ore-Ida plant (in Idaho) to get them cause it took forever for them to come out.  Seriously, there were only like 4 customers there (most of whom got ice cream) and it still took 16 minutes to get two orders of fries.

Here are the "RegFries" with sunglasses for scale.  They were similarly tasteless.

So let's review here.  It took an inordinate amount of time to get two orders of fries which were overpriced based on the amount and that sucked. 

I'm giving both a 0 out of 10.  This kind of stuff really burns me too cause people come from all over and stop at this joint thinking it's a surviving legend of American road food culture, blah, blah, blah and it just flat-out sucks.  Do not go there for fries.

P.S.  I'm throwing this extra shade on them for using THE WORST KETCHUP IN THE WORLD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?