Tell a Friend to Become a Follower!

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Smitty's Garage

Ok, so here's the thing: you can waste time reading this review, but you should IMMEDIATELY GO TO SMITTY'S GARAGE AND GET THUNDER FRIES RIGHT NOW!

Smitty's Garage is in the space that used to be Louie's.  It's a chain, but there are only 5 or so (mostly in Oklahoma).

The place has a (surprise) old-timey car/service center stuff vibe.  Visually noisy, but cool.

There was a huge line to order so we sat at the bar with no waiting.

"Thunder Fries"?  Yes please.  Also, some regular ones as a control for you, know our experimentationalistical (new word I made up) purposes.

While I waited I noticed two cool things:  they have skee ball machines.

And a sweet poster in the bathroom of the O.C.A.

The regular fries came out first.

Good amount for $1.99.  Hot, fresh cut, and crispy/non slimy.  Seasoning was tasteful and savory without being overbearing.  These fries indicate a strong understanding of the complicated process of creating excellent fried potatoes from fresh potatoes via hot oil.  Very good.  10 out of 10.

My buddy Ed ordered the "Tijuana Fries" which are the regular fries with onions (yuck) and jalapenos (yum) on em.  They were pretty good, but not amazing.  I give those a 7 out of 10 cause they ruin em with slimy onions.

But then came the Thunder.  Oh my.

Bacon, blue cheese, and Sriracha aoili make these my new top pick in Fayetteville.  Totally off the charts good.

The waitress messed up and only charged me $2.99 for em (which I didn't figure out until after I left) but they are a bargain even at $4.99.

10 out of 10.  DO THESE FRIES IMMEDIATELY.

P.S.  They have an incredible beer selection as well if you're into that sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?