Tell a Friend to Become a Follower!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

French Fries in Tupelo Mississippi

Tupelo is where Elvis was born in this tiny shack.  Hmm.  I thought it would look crappy, but it actually looks quite nice.

The weird thing for me was that I've seen tons of pictures of the shack, but I've never seen pictures of the GIANT MUSEUM they have constructed behind the shack.  It takes up like 3 acres!  Weird.

GIBBY:  Grunion look!  That's where Elvis was born!
GRUNION:  Meh.  When does the Miss America Pageant start?

Anyhoo, this Italian restaurant called Vanelli's was right next to our hotel (and the Grunion didn't want to miss the Miss America Pageant by going out to dinner) so I hoofed over and ordered some take out.

I know what you're thinking.  "Gibby, Italian restaurants are not known for their fries!"  But I've said it before, and I'll say it here again:  If you put fries on your menu, you are subject to review.

GIBBY:  Hey Grunion, want some fries?
GRUNION:  No. Shut up.  Miss America is on.

$2.79 for a pretty standard take out box full of fries.   I didn't count them, but I would guess it was about 60 fries.  Pretty bland without the salt I added, but a good deal nonetheless.  7 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?