Tell a Friend to Become a Follower!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Ozark Bowling Lanes: Who Knew?

As most of you know, I am no fan of fresh-cut fries.  Primarily because no one seems to have any interest in serving them hot or crisp.  I am sure I have made my position on fresh cut fries clear in the past.  Example 1Example 2Example 3.

But lo, as Abraham said to Cain on Mount Arrarat over 40 years ago, "You know not what you do, so you better check yourself before you wreck yourself."  Today I went to the Ozark Bowling Lanes (cafe?), formerly known as Pete's.

The decor is the same as 20 years ago, and I'm pretty sure the waitress was the same one that served me the last time I went there (20 years ago).  My buddy Jack knew that they were "the home of the $4.99 burger basket", so we hadda go there for lunch.

$2 for an order of about 36 fresh-cut fries.

I tried one cautiously, expecting slimyness.  But NO!  These fries were crisp!  These fries were tasty!  These fries were...dare I say......good!

FINALLY, someone in town is doing a great version of these kinds of fries.  OBL....who woulda guessed?
9 out of 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?