Tell a Friend to Become a Follower!

Friday, June 28, 2013

Skylark in Chicago

We were still in town for the podiatry convention and we were SO HUNGRY for TOTS so Andy took us to this dive/hipster bar called Skylark located in the recently gentrified Pilsen section of Chicago.

I guess the thing to do now is take over an old joint and have nice beers and food but leave it looking all dumpy.  Here is the front door.

The inside looks unchanged since the 50s, and THERE IS BARELY ANY LIGHT.  BTW, I'm glad that not only old people gripe about the lack of light in this joint.  Seems like 80% of the yelp reviewers have something to say about it too.

Fries?  Tots?  Yes, please!

Whoa!  Check out that old photo booth!

Whoa!  Check out those gross/creepy marble-topped pissers!

As I said, there is ZERO light in this joint so the pictures suffered.  These are the fries. 

Not great, not bad, just meh.  I'll give em a 6 out of 10.

But the TOTS!  OH MY the TOTS!  Look at that!

It was a half-moon of fries as big as half a basketball.  And the sauces ($1.00 extra but worth it) really sent them over the top.

$3.50 for this amount of hot, perfectly-cooked tots is ridiculous.  I don't think I have ever awarded an 11 out of 10, but I'm doing it for Skylark.  OUTSTANDING.  Do it!  But take night vision goggles if you are over 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?