Tell a Friend to Become a Follower!

Friday, September 3, 2010

Wilson Park Is Still There and Still Weird

It's funny that no one tells you that your life changes dramatically after you have a child.  You would think that at least one of my friends or family members would have given me the heads up.  For instance, I have lived in Fayetteville for 22 years now and I have never been to Wilson Park.  I've driven by it more times than I can count, and I've said to myself, "look at that nice park.  I wonder why people go there."  Now I know why people go to Wilson Park.  It's because when you have kids, there are WAY LESS things you can do, but going to Wilson Park is one of the things you CAN DO with a child.  Since the Grunion IS a child, he didn't understand the concept of going to Wilson Park either.

GRUNION:  So, why are we going to this park thing?
GIBBY:  Cause that's what you do when you have kids.

GRUNION:  Am I gonna get to touch anything?
GIBBY:  No. There might be germs.


GRUNION:  Am I gonna be in the stroller the whole time we're at this park thing?
GIBBY:  Yup.
GRUNION:  Um....I think I'll just stay in the car with Elmo then.


Hmmm.  The park rules.  Let's see....#9 says NO HUNTING?  The fact that this is on the rules list probably means that they caught someone hunting in Wilson Park at some point.  For those of you who live out of town, this park is IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CITY.  Fascinating.  Also, you can apparently fish if you get a permit to do so.  Very weird.

Hmmm.  The pool is empty and closed.  Seems strange during the hottest week of the year.

They must have closed it and drained it cause they wanted to drink beer down in there....

GRUNION:  Boy this sure is fun.  I definitely don't want to touch or bite that dinosaur there.  No sir, I just wanna stay here in this stroller...

Ah, yes.  Then there's this scary castle thing. 

I think it's funny that they have a display "explaining" all the weird stuff in/on the castle.  It's like they're trying to legitimize all the weirdness resulting from the fact that the thing was obviously designed by someone on LSD.

One final bit of weirdness:  in the trash can near the scary LSD castle there were several empty cans of spray paint and a couple of empty bags of Quikrete.  I can only imagine what kind of ritual requires those ingredients....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?